News:

8 Luglio 2005: Gamers4um è finalmente un "vero" forum... da parte mia
un caloroso benvenuto a tutti i vecchi e nuovi iscritti!!
Turrican3

Menu principale

[EX-CW] PES 8, cominciamo a discutere delle prime voci...

Aperto da Quelo, 23 Ottobre, 2007, 23:29:38

Discussione precedente - Discussione successiva

Quelo

PES 2008 for PS3 unforgiveable, review recommends FIFA 08 instead

A recent review by Pro-G has found that on PES 2008 for PS3 "the game inexplicably and implausibly slows down, it puts you off your timing". Which is in complete contrast to IGN's review which said you probably won't even notice. Turning off some features seemed to help a little. But in the damning review they make it clear that "PES 2008 on PS3 is unforgivable." and that they cannot recommend PES 2008 on the PS3 over FIFA 08 on the same console. IGN gave the PS3 version a 9.2 overall while Pro-G have awarded the game a 7. IGN's impartiality was brought into question because its site is advertised on the match stats at the end of the game.

CitazioneWhat's most disappointing about PES 2008 on PS3 is that if it wasn't crippled by its technical problems, it would one of the best Pro Evolution Soccer games ever made. It would certainly be an improvement on last year's next-gen effort. PES fans can forgive the poor graphics, the God-awful music, the embarrassing presentation and lack of licensed teams, because the core of the game is so mind-bogglingly brilliant. PES fans have been doing this for so many years, that they even forgive the odd bit of slowdown, too. But, I'm afraid to say, PES 2008 on PS3 is unforgivable.

PES 2008 on PS3 is for a next-gen console but it is not a next-gen game. You cannot ignore the fact that, for whatever reason, this is a poor effort from Konami. PES executive producer Shingo 'Seabass' Takatsuka himself has said that he was "shocked" at the PS3 slowdown and that he doesn't have a clue why it's happening. Unfortunately this won't cut it for gamers who have forked out hundreds of pounds for a PS3, a platform that is supposed to be the most powerful console in the world. Slowdown and poor frame rates are so last gen. It's amazing to think that some scientists have replaced supercomputers with PS3s, and an experienced game developer can't get a football game to run without having a heart attack. It is with a heavy heart, a heart that has been in love with Konami's brilliant football series for longer than I can remember, that I cannot recommend PES 2008 on the PS3 over FIFA 08 on the same console.

Fonte: Maxconsole

Sempre Maxconsole:

Ok, seriously stay away from PES 2008 on PS3 - frame rate is terrible

A Winning Eleven fan website has posted up a review on the PS3 version of PES 2008 and once again talk about the terrible slowdown issues the game suffers. They claim they were initially shocked by the frame rate and didn't expect such problems in a next-gen game. Playing in particular stadiums also results in slowdowns so it's best to stay away from 'em although this is far from ideal. Anyone still wondering why there was no PS3 demo of the game released? We're not. Discuss the news in the previous forum thread.

CitazioneSomething that you won't be able to get away from is the notable slowdown issues that the game suffers. When I played the first game I was stunned and shocked about the frame rate, its something I don't expect from a next-gen game of any kind. After using the option to install onto the HD though things got considerably better, even though replays still are extremely choppy. You'll also realise that playing in particular stadiums causes the slowdown to increase and make it more notable. The simple answer is to stay away from them, but to have to do that simply isn't on. Added to the fact that the game only has 15 stadiums in the first place makes it totally unacceptable.

This considerable flaw to the game is the only major gripe that I have with PES 2008, and one of the reasons I wasn't sure about whether to score it lower than an 8. In my eyes we shouldn't have to accommodate slowdown and frame rate issues in next-gen, when it's quite obvious the hardware can easily handle it. Lazy programming? Not understanding the hardware? Not enough time/people to complete the game? Whatever the reason, it's certainly going to affect how many fans perceive the game.

Gradually for me the slowdown factor became less of an issue. After the initial shock of it being there, I started to enjoy the game for what it was. There been much talk about the core being too similar to its PS2 roots, but these roots actually save the game in the end. For all its flaws the same addictive PES gameplay is there underneath the underwhelming front end. It's something you can't get away from, and the reason why we've been playing the series for an incredible amount of years. Where this game lacks it much needed element to justify its existence on next-gen, the 'soul' of the game more than makes up for it. The essence of PES will strike a cord with everyone who picks up the controller and, while sounding like a cliché accustomed to the PES series, will keep you hooked until next years version. Surely, you can't ask for much more than that?

Per leggere tutto, andare qui.

Sembra che la versione PS3 sia un mezzo disastro rispetto a quella 360, ma d'altro canto lo stesso Seabass ha parlato candidamente di rallentamenti. Aspettiamo di provarlo e vedremo, ma prima di dargli 70 euri a scatola chiusa vorrei capire se oggettivamente ha problemi.

Dick_Dastardly

Purtroppo le difficoltà di programmazione della PS3 non erano una favola di qualche fanboy microsoft.

Solid Snake

CICLOPE

Citazione di: Dick_Dastardly il 23 Ottobre, 2007, 23:38:22
Purtroppo le difficoltà di programmazione della PS3 non erano una favola di qualche fanboy microsoft.

:serio:

Quelo

Citazione di: Solid Snake il 24 Ottobre, 2007, 00:36:57
Ordinato oggi a 57 euro vi faro' sapere  :sisi:

A questo punto ne approfitto per chiedere al Profeta una visita presso casa tua per provarlo, il suo parere tecnico è illuminante  :bowdown:  :old:  :bowdx:.

Biggy

Beh ma io mi posso esprimere sul gioco, e se e quanto sia cambiato rsispetto alla demo (inguardabile), quanto ai rallentamenti non dovrebbero essere soggettivi ...
D'altra ricordo qualcuno che parlava di cali di frame rate fastidiosi tali da disturbare la giocabilità in Gears Of War...ma anche in Halo 3...
:angel2:

Reiz

premetto : non mi posso esprimere perche non l'ho ancora comprato

i commenti negativi pre vendita però stanno decisamente cambiando direzione...

:dentone:

Biggy

Cioè mi sembra che ai commenti negativi sul gioco in sè si aggiungano quelli semrpe più insistenti, confermati direttamente da Seabass, sui fastidiosi slowdown della versione Ps3 (che, ricordiamolo, a detta di tanti fantasiosi fan, sarebbe stata la vera versione next gen di WE\PES).

Un altro multipiattaforma riesce ad essere peggiore.

Reiz

Solid Snake

Citazione di: Quelo il 24 Ottobre, 2007, 01:38:58
A questo punto ne approfitto per chiedere al Profeta una visita presso casa tua per provarlo, il suo parere tecnico è illuminante  :bowdown:  :old:  :bowdx:.

Puo venire quando vuole  :beer: ovviamente visto che vuoi solo i suoi commenti io non parlero del gioco  :evil:

Quelo

Citazione di: Solid Snake il 24 Ottobre, 2007, 09:12:19
Puo venire quando vuole  :beer: ovviamente visto che vuoi solo i suoi commenti io non parlero del gioco  :evil:

:lol: ma lui è il Re indiscusso di Winning Eleven  :inlove:.

Turrican3

Citazione di: Quelo il 24 Ottobre, 2007, 09:32:22:lol: ma lui è il Re indiscusso di Winning Eleven  :inlove:

Tranne quando le prende dell'Imperatore. :evil:

Solid Snake

Turrican3

Ma come, se ti rifiuti sempre di giocare in 1 VS 1... :whistle:

PauVa eh? :evil:

:inlove:

Dick_Dastardly

LOL Cmq se dovessimo fare questo sito mi piacerebbe fare una rubrica con gli editoriali di Biggy :)
Diventerebbe un cult su Internet  :teach: