News:

8 Luglio 2005: Gamers4um è finalmente un "vero" forum... da parte mia
un caloroso benvenuto a tutti i vecchi e nuovi iscritti!!
Turrican3

Menu principale

[PS3][X360] Zone of the Enders (ZOE) HD Collection

Aperto da Turrican3, 3 Giugno, 2011, 09:16:40

Discussione precedente - Discussione successiva

SilentBobZ

Turrican3

Citazione di: Fafalada (NeoGAF)http://hexadrive.sblo.jp/article/71326168.html

I think this deserves its own thread - the amount of detail that went into redoing ZOE2 HD should be a new benchmark for HD remakes. The improvements go way beyond just speed-increases, and extend modifications both to improve upon the original and make the HD port more visually faithful at the same time.
Google does a decent job of translation, but here's a summary of key points:
- used the SPUs to cover for lack of vector units (I don't have any proof, but I still think this was the biggest framerate problem in original port)
- rewrote renderer from scratch
This gave them a 10x speedup compared to pre-patch, so the overhead was put into improving overall visual quality considerably (in both HD and SD resolutions).

More importantly though, I wanted to post this for all the experts that insisted ZOE2 HD framerate was broken because "transparent fillrate/bandwith limitations/PS2 magic".

The new version runs at 2x resolution, at least 4x higher resolution of particles(32x for the HUD elements), adds FSAA, improved post-processing effects AND runs at 2-3x the framerate of original port(and ostensibly, better than PS2 version did). But clearly - PS3 hw can't run PS2 fillrate effects. :P

A quanto pare han fatto un lavoro decisamente valido per la "conversione" HD di ZOE 2.

stobbArt

incredibile che per una volta konami non sia andata al risparmio :D

Turrican3

In effetti con quel che leggevo della HD collection di Silent Hill c'è di che stupirsi, in positivo. :bua: