News:

8 Luglio 2005: Gamers4um è finalmente un "vero" forum... da parte mia
un caloroso benvenuto a tutti i vecchi e nuovi iscritti!!
Turrican3

Menu principale

[BIZ] Dopo Moore anche Schappert lascia Microsoft

Aperto da Turrican3, 19 Giugno, 2009, 12:46:36

Discussione precedente - Discussione successiva

Turrican3

Purtroppo ( ::) ) il vecchio topic non si può uppare (dovrei sbloccarlo) perchè a mio avviso andava inserito in coda a quello come accaduto per Harrison & Co.

Comunque, bando alle ciance ed ecco la notizia: John Schappert segue idealmente il cammino di Peter Moore e lascia Microsoft per un incarico in EA, dove peraltro aveva già lavorato in precedenza

http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=24105

CitazioneMicrosoft VP John Schappert is returning to his roots, taking the role of chief operating officer at Electronic Arts, where he began as a software engineer back in 1991.

Since leaving EA in 2007, Schappert has been a familiar face on team Xbox at Microsoft. He launched the online services division, which encompassed control of Xbox Live. He also looked after Microsoft Game Studios as corporate VP of the company's Interactive Entertainment Business, overseeing franchises like Halo and Gears of War.

He's also credited with leading the launch of the New Xbox Live Experience and the growth of the console's Live service base from 6 million to 20 million members.

Major Nelson riporta la notizia secondo la quale il ruolo di referente coperto da Schappert verrà preso direttamente dal Senior Vice President di Microsoft, Don Mattrick:

http://majornelson.com/archive/2009/06/18/john-schappert-returning-to-ea.aspx

CitazioneIn case you have not heard the news, I wanted to let you know that John Schappert has decided to return to EA as their COO. John had a positive impact on the Xbox business and everyone here at Xbox wishes John the best of luck. With this change, Phil Spencer (MGS) and Marc Whitten (Xbox) will now be reporting directly to Don Mattrick.

I thought you guys would appreciate the update.

Edit: Updated to clairfy that Phil and Marc will report to Don.