Pacini & Co. lasciano Retro Studios --> Armature Studio

Aperto da Turrican3, 24 Aprile, 2008, 09:32:06

Discussione precedente - Discussione successiva

Turrican3

Citazione di: Turrican3 il 18 Giugno, 2010, 11:28:16Semplice coincidenza? :look:

Parrebbe proprio di no:

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/33362/GDC_2011_Retro_Talks_Moving_From_Metroid_to_Donkey_Kong_Country.php

CitazioneIn a GDC panel presentation today, Donkey Kong Country Returns producer Kensuke Tanabe said the project's journey from Japan's Nintendo Co Ltd. (NCL) to Austin-based Retro Studios started long before actual development commenced in April 2008.

Tanabe recalled that Retro president and CEO Michael Kelbaugh first expressed his interest in making a new Donkey Kong Country game way back in April 2004. "But unfortunately, the feeling at Nintendo was that we wanted to depend on them to make games we couldn't do at NCL, and we had you guys move on to Metroid Prime 3 at the time," he said.

It wasn't until four years later, when legendary Nintendo Designer Shigeru Miyamoto also told Tanabe he was interested in a new Donkey Kong Country game, that Tanabe remembered Retro's interest. Luckily, Retro was ready for the project, since the recent departue of a number of employees had left them with a lot of experimental projects that were suddenly next to useless.

"If those members hadn't left when they did, and those experiments had been allowed to move on, there's a chance Donkey Kong Country Returns would not have gone to Retro, so it's a kind of fate," Tanabe said.

Turrican3

Blasor

Certo è che se ne andarono in pompa magna per "lavorare di HD", altro che Wii.
CitazioneIn their first four years of existence, they very quietly released only one game: the Vita version of the Metal Gear Solid HD Collection, which came out last June.

Non si può dire che non abbiano mantenuto: è una versione HD.

Turrican3

Diciamo che o sono stati sfigati abbestia oppure la "maledizione Nintendo" che colpisce buona parte di coloro che rompono malamente i rapporti con lei ha colpito ancora. :look: :sweat:

Turrican3

http://www.polygon.com/2013/4/9/4179628/mega-man-fps-maverick-hunter
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=537057

Quindi ad Armature Studio stavano lavorando per conto di Capcom ad una sorta di metroidprimizzazione di MegaMan X...
(il gioco è stato cannato)

Blasor

Mi pare una concept tipo:

Ammetto quindi non troppo dispiaciuto che sia naufragato.

E, per tenere fede alla promessa HD, mi pare di capire siano lanciatissimi su due versioni portatili di Batman :asd:

Turrican3

Ma c'erano loro di mezzo pure per questo... coso? :|
(è lo stesso Bomberman della fu Hudson immagino, solo leggermente riveduto e corretto)

Blasor

"Leggermente", sì... una cafonata rara.

Era farina del sacco Hudson stessa, purtroppo, come giustificazione c'è che era dell'epoca in cui Konami possedeva un po' più di metà dello stock Hudson ed era "parent company".

Pandabit

Brevissimi video di gameplay del MegaMan (Maverick Hunter) di Armature

EDIT by Turry: corretti i link per l'autoembed

Turrican3

Eh, non pare brillare per originalità a parte il breve cambio di visuale sulla "fatality"... :look: :sweat:

Blasor

Peggio di quanto mi aspettassi, meno male non ha visto mai luce.

Ridatemi Legends 3  :(

Turrican3

CitazioneEven though you don't want to be seen as the ex-Metroid Prime guys,  fans are going to be excited when they know ex-Metroid Prime guys are going to be making a Super Metroid-style game.

I hope so. I hope we don't disappoint them. That's always my fear, because I think everything we do sucks. But that's just me because I thought all the Prime games suck. At the end of the day all I see are all the bad things. Prime 2 was a blur to me. It was so quick, it was so fast. That thing just went out the door and it was a very divisive game. People either liked it or thought it sucked, and I can completely agree because I couldn't tell you what that game was because it happened so quickly. Prime 1 was the best designed game. Prime 3 I feel is the most fun one to play. Prime 2 is divisive. You either like it or you don't. That's kind of the way I look at it.

E dato che ci siamo, qui la visione critica a posteriori dei tre Prime da parte di Pacini.

Fa parte di una lunga intervista pubblicata da Gameinformer nella quale si parla anche del nuovo Batman per portatili affidato ad Armature.

Turrican3

https://www.polygon.com/2018/5/29/17386066/the-rocky-story-of-retro-studios-before-metroid-prime

Non è propriamente in tema forse, comunque Polygon ha messo su un lungo articolo con la (travagliata) storia di Retro Studios dagli esordi alla pietra miliare Metroid Prime.