News:

8 Luglio 2005: Gamers4um è finalmente un "vero" forum... da parte mia
un caloroso benvenuto a tutti i vecchi e nuovi iscritti!!
Turrican3

Menu principale

Nintendo Wii U - thread ufficiale

Aperto da Turrican3, 9 Giugno, 2011, 15:14:59

Discussione precedente - Discussione successiva

Turrican3

Citazione di: Bluforce il 12 Giugno, 2012, 12:20:48lungi da me dal contraddirlo (specie di presenza  :look: )

Mi sembra una scelta molto molto saggia. :bua:

Kiwi

Io rimango molto perplesso riguardo all'utilizzo del touchscreen sul controller.
I miei occhi sono sulla tv, non mi piace l'idea di spostare lo sguardo. Mi sembra di essere come le persone che guardano la tastiera mentre scrivono e poi dopo ogni parola controllano lo schermo :sweat:

Turrican3

Secondo me si "giocherà" sull'alternanza per periodi relativamente prolungati in particolari sezioni di gioco (come potrebbe essere il radar in Aliens CM, o la Spirit Camera in un ipotetico Fatal Frame ecc. ecc.), spostare continuamente da schermo tv a touchscreen e viceversa per brevi intervalli non sembra una gran genialata nemmeno a me, così su due piedi. :look:

Tanto per cambiare saranno decisioni degli sviluppatori e dei designer, vedremo che viene fuori...

SilentBobZ

Speriamo non stressino molto gli utenti , mi viene in mente vieni avanti cretino, se si fanno prendere la mano potrebbe nascere una nuova periferica  "Wii U Ass" che tramite sonda Wireless controlla la temperatura anale in modo da capire quando nei giochi Horror ci si c*ga nelle mutande, magari rilasciando una bella vibrazione. Povero Solid Ass Shake Snake   :lol:

Turrican3

Per i temerari comunque potrebbero sempre ritirare fuori il Vitality Sensor. :|

Joe

Citazione di: Turrican3 il 12 Giugno, 2012, 14:46:53
Per i temerari comunque potrebbero sempre ritirare fuori il Vitality Sensor. :|

Quasi speravo di vederlo all'E3 di quest'anno!  :lol:

gerzam

Citazione di: Turrican3 il 12 Giugno, 2012, 13:24:50
Secondo me si "giocherà" sull'alternanza per periodi relativamente prolungati in particolari sezioni di gioco (come potrebbe essere il radar in Aliens CM, o la Spirit Camera in un ipotetico Fatal Frame ecc. ecc.), spostare continuamente da schermo tv a touchscreen e viceversa per brevi intervalli non sembra una gran genialata nemmeno a me, così su due piedi. :look:

Tanto per cambiare saranno decisioni degli sviluppatori e dei designer, vedremo che viene fuori...

In Madden sicuramente verrà usato per scegliere gli schemi (molto utile soprattutto in multiplayer locale...), cosa che, francamente, si poteva fare con le VMU su Dreamcast nel lontano 2000 con NFL2K...

Turrican3

CitazioneI have a question about pricing for the Wii U: I know you haven’t announced the price yet, but after the Nintendo 3DS came out, we saw a very quick price drop. And while you mentioned wonderful statistics for the Nintendo 3DS relative to the original Nintendo DS in the same timeframe of its lifecycle, some of that may be due to the price drop of the Nintendo 3DS that was implemented much earlier than for previous gaming systems. So my question on the Wii U is, given the other home entertainment options that are available and the way people are starting to spend $500.00 on an iPad instead of a gaming system, what are your thoughts about pricing? Do you think that you can continue to charge a premium on gaming systems, or will you try to make money on the software only?

Satoru Iwata (President): [...] Next I’d like to talk about what we have learned from our experience with the Nintendo 3DS. I think the largest challenge we had with the Nintendo 3DS initially at its launch time, which goes beyond the price, was the number and timing of appealing software titles [...] we were able to provide at an early stage after the launch to drive the hardware sales. Because the value of the Nintendo 3DS hardware did not match consumers’ expectations at the initial price and the sales pace slowed down, we took the measure of reducing the price to help revitalize the hardware sales.

For the launch of the Wii U, we are putting a strong focus on how we can avoid a similar situation. As you can see from our software lineup at E3, we have a number of titles which will help drive the hardware sales. While some titles were able to showcase their unique appeals to the audience, people do not yet fully understand the appeal of some of the other titles. Between now and the launch, we’ll continue to work to make sure that people clearly understand the appealing elements of that software. So what I can say here today is that we’re doing our utmost to avoid a situation where we have to cut the price of the Wii U hardware shortly after its launch, as we had to do for the Nintendo 3DS. We are going to ensure that consumers will consider the Wii U price reasonable for what they are able to do with the system and will not expect a price drop very early in its life cycle.

Citazione[...] there’s an opportunity strategically for other acquisitions or, as Microsoft has done with their balance sheet, co-promotions with third-party publishers, with buying exclusive rights. Is there a way to creatively leverage your balance sheet strength in the interactive entertainment industry, which is a relatively depressed environment?

Iwata: [...] Then the question becomes some of the specific examples that you raised such as the question of obtaining exclusive rights. While Nintendo is not entirely opposed to exploring that option, I don’t think it would be an appropriate course of action for Nintendo to get into a battle with a company like Microsoft over the cost or the expense of trying to go head to head in a situation to try to obtain exclusive rights. However, now we have a totally new device, the Wii U GamePad. If a third-party developer or publisher has come up with an idea of a potentially very unique use of the Wii U functionality with such a device, there is a high possibility that Nintendo will be a partner with that third party in an unprecedented manner (thereby reducing their development risk significantly). I do intend to work hard so that next year you will not criticize Nintendo’s use of its resources.

CitazioneI understand why you concentrated on games at E3, but I have a big question about your online business. How will Nintendo differentiate, catch up to, surpass and compete with the existing vendors and open conversion platforms like iOS and Android? I really want to know more about that: multiplayer, marketplace and connectivity.

Iwata: Nintendo’s strength in this area is that we have so many consumers all around the world who are familiar with our franchises and our software. And parents and grandparents view our products as good products to buy for their children and grandchildren without any concerns. We also think that it’s important that in such an environment, skilled game players and beginners are able to play together, and in a way that both parties come out with smiles on their faces.

On the other hand, though, I think that what we see in terms of online gaming networks on existing dedicated gaming platforms is not particularly well suited to the approach Nintendo has taken. Therefore, I can’t sit here and say to you that we can very quickly overcome or catch up to other companies, which began to work in the online field from many years ago and have been building these online networks on other platforms, and I don’t think that would be a smart strategy, either. We have been discussing what to do next under these circumstances and “Miiverse,” which I told you about in the pre-E3 Nintendo Direct presentation, is one of the new directions that Nintendo will be taking. We think that one fun area of possibility, as we have discussed, is for people not just to enjoy the games but also communicate with others about topics relating to the games. Even if they are in distant locations and not playing together in the same place or at the same time, they have an opportunity to “empathize” with one another. And we believe that the Mii characters that were born on the Wii console will become an important asset in achieving this.

We also believe that the “Miiverse” will serve the purpose of giving people an opportunity to discover other games that they haven’t yet started playing. In the “Miiverse” screen that appeared in Nintendo Direct, there were many Mii characters gathering around game icons, which I referred to as “Wara-wara,” and these icons will not be limited to only games that an individual consumer owns. [...] In other words, please think that we have built an integrated recommendation engine into the Wii U system’s main menu screen. [...]

CitazioneWithout Friend Codes, can consumers be connected easier than now?

Iwata: We’re not completely getting rid of Friend Codes, but a function of the “Miiverse” will simplify the process of making friends with another user in the platform by eliminating the need to input Friend Codes.

CitazioneOn Wii U, can you talk a little bit from a technical standpoint in terms of the new business models such as micro transactions and subscription services? From a cross-platform standpoint, what are you thinking about for its capability like “Miiverse”? Do you think the Wii U will be an open platform to be connected with, for example, iPads, iPhones or Android phones?

Iwata: With respect to the Wii U system, when we began working on it, one of our goals was to have a variety of purchase options and additional e-commerce options available at its launch. And because of that, we have prepared a Digital Rights Management system. We have designed the system from a technical standpoint to allow developers to freely take advantage of things like free to play and micro transactions.

[...] Within the “Nintendo Network,” the “Miiverse” will serve as that social connection between players. And as a result, we do intend to support “Miiverse” on our existing platforms as well as on future Nintendo platforms. [...] the system itself is obviously designed to serve as that social connection for the gaming content to be enjoyed on Nintendo’s gaming systems. But at the same time, this “Miiverse” system is a web-based system, and you will therefore be able to access the “Miiverse” and see what is happening there from any device with an Internet browser. [...] Furthermore, for example, our goal is that, in the future, you will also be able to purchase games found in the “Miiverse” from that smartphone or tablet device and, by the time you arrive home, that game will already have arrived on your Wii U system through SpotPass.

On the other hand, we put the utmost priority on creating games as interactive entertainment with premium value and on asking the world to appreciate their value. So we are not considering making Nintendo-made games available for play on smartphones or tablet devices.

CitazioneAt the launch of the Wii U, how many of these first-party and third-party titles will be available in a digital download format?

Iwata: As we’ve shared with you previously, for the Wii U hardware system, from the beginning, we’ve planned to make it possible for people to release their games as either an optical disc or as digital content. So publishers would be able to choose from both of those options.

Currently, we are in discussions with the publishers by sharing with them our offer in this area. Through that process, if publishers accept it as reasonable, games in the digital format will be available from the launch time. There are no technical restrictions.

CitazioneCan you explain when the Wii U will be launched and what it will be packaged with? There have been talks about having one touchpad controller and then other users playing with three or four Wii Remotes, so what will be included in the package when the Wii U is launched?

Iwata: First of all, here at E3, we’re not talking specifically about what will be packaged with the hardware system itself. The only thing I can say clearly is that we will definitely package the Wii U system with one Wii U GamePad because without those two elements, you do not have a complete Wii U system. But beyond that, in terms of what will be going into the box, I will talk about that more in the future when we go into more detail on pricing and other information.

There are 190 million Wii Remotes out in the marketplace around the world. As Reggie pointed out in our presentation at E3 yesterday, there are also quite a large number of Wii Balance Boards. We look at both of those as important assets that we would like to continue to leverage.

CitazioneI was hoping to get some more details about the hardware, so in other words, the processing power and the GPUs. There’s been a lot of speculation about the power of the Wii U relative to current generation consoles or what may be coming down the pipe. I don't know if you can comment on this, but I would appreciate any details you might be able to provide about the relative power to 360 or PS3, or some other benchmark, to give us a sense of its capabilities other than the HD graphics.

Iwata: Of course, because we have designed a new hardware system, we are using new technology and we are using new GPUs. But as we have to devote significant costs to the Wii U GamePad, if we were to apply the same level of enhancement that other console manufacturers shoot for to the processing power component, the Wii U would become extremely high in price, and it would not be affordable. In other words, we think that the way that the various console manufacturers are allocating their budgets to the hardware is different from the way that we allocate our budget to the hardware. Ultimately, we’re looking to maintain a price point for the Wii U that is reasonable in comparison to the value to be offered.

There is also another differentiation point here. While existing platforms have engines that development teams have tuned and optimized for six to seven years after their respective launches, the Wii U is a new platform that has slightly different architecture and, since development teams have only just begun development on software for it, they are only at the halfway point to utilizing its full potential. Despite this fact, however, if you look at the game “Assassin’s Creed III,” which was recently announced or shown, you can’t see much difference when you compare it with games for other companies’ systems. I hope that helps you to understand a little bit better.

CitazioneHere at E3, Microsoft announced SmartGlass, which appears to take away or minimize one of the Wii U’s key differentiators, the type of game play and entertainment by using two screens of a device at hand and a TV. Are you worried about SmartGlass? How does Nintendo intend to differentiate its hardware system?

Iwata: [...] On the other hand, the question is, is what they’re offering truly capable of doing everything that we’re offering? From what we have seen so far, it looks to us as if what they are able to offer really is only a small facet of what the Wii U is capable of. We know that the core users who love playing video games like controllers that you hold with two hands. But what you don’t have on smartphones and tablets are the buttons and the control sticks that they prefer to use. Now, if they could hold a controller with two hands and hold a tablet or a smartphone with another hand, there would be no issue. Unfortunately, since it is not possible for humans to do that, you can’t play a game in a way you can play with the Wii U. The other thing that’s important to know is that with the Wii U GamePad we have paid particular attention to the latency (the time to be spent for wireless communication between the Wii U system and the Wii U GamePad) issues to allow the Wii U to truly create seamless gaming experiences on the Wii U GamePad. [...] If you have latency within that process, or lag within that process, it’s no longer a quality game. So clearly and naturally the latency for a situation like that is going to be very different from a device that has specifically been designed to achieve that type of seamless interaction versus a device that simply has conventional technology layered for each device to be purchased for individual reasons. [...]

CitazioneI understand for the Wii, Mr. Miyamoto designed a system with about five or six key titles in mind: “Wii Sports,” “Wii Sports Resort,” “Wii Music” and several others. Has something similar occurred this time? So far, obviously we’ve seen “Pikmin 3,” but is there a similar strategy of a range of titles that he is playing a role in to create that is the plan for the next two or three years for the Wii U?

Iwata: First, what we’ve shown at the E3 show are both the launch titles that will be released with Wii U hardware this holiday season and the launch window titles that will be released early next year or not long after the hardware launch. We do have ideas of what kind of software we will be releasing after those two periods, and Mr. Miyamoto as well as I are both directly involved in the development process. Those include both our traditional franchises and of course new propositions as well. However, because we are now in the era when similar proposals can be made by the others just one year after we introduced a brand-new hardware system proposal, please understand that we really can’t say much about what else we are planning.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/library/events/120606qa/index.html

Lungo Q&A post-E3 sul sito ufficiale con qualche piccola info extra su Wii U.

Rh_negativo

prendete con le pinze eh...ma...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B008B5YB4W/

Prezzo GARANTITO Amazon
(son 250 euro circa)

EDIT: hanno tolto il preorder -_____-

Turrican3

Già l'uscita prevista per il 14 luglio (2012!) era un tantino sospetta. :D

Piuttosto mi domando se onoreranno il prezzo per quelli che son riusciti a preordinare.

Tornando a cose riguardanti la console, uno sviluppatore che gode di discreta attendibilità sul GAFfo parla di GPU di classe DirectX 10.1 per la console. Qualsiasi cosa significhi... e sempre che sia vero. :look:

Blasor

Se è vero significa Wii U does what ps360 don't, che è quanto più premeva, ma a questo punto scommetterei sul fatto che Microsoft in testa ne stia sviluppando una di "classe DirectX 11", per cui la differenza tra le 9 sfruttate dalla corrente gen di console e le 10(.1) è sicuramente minore se confrontata con le 11.
Quindi sì, come ormai si intuisce rimarrà un po' indietro, ma proprio come intuivo io la differenza non sarà nemmeno paragonabile a quella che c'era nella "sesta generazione", giacché siamo ancora a supporto combinato di DirectX 9-10-11 e gli autentici vantaggi si notano appena nelle 11...

Turrican3

Non sono sicuro di aver capito, anche perchè come ben sapete con i PC mi sono abbondantemente perso per strada. :|

Sostanzialmente quel che dici è (DX10 --- DX9) < (DX11 --- DX10) ?

Bluforce

Va beh, Turrican, è facile.

DirectX9 < 10 < 11.

Chiaro che oggi le DirectX 11 non sono sfruttate, visto che poi i giochi devono uscire anche su PS3 e 360 che non li supportano.

Ma basta vedere qualche tech sulle potenzialità delle stesse per capire il salto qualitativo che ci sarà.

Turrican3

Citazione di: Bluforce il 15 Giugno, 2012, 08:31:11DirectX9 < 10 < 11.

Direi che è discretamente ovvio. :D

Ma il mio "dubbio" era sui due gap... che poi se vogliamo sarebbe - credo - anche interessante quantificare il gap DX9 vs DX10 contro DX9 vs DX11.

Turrican3

Giusto per capirci, dal punto di vista di una persona con conoscenze di grafica 3D realtime non eccelse (eufemismo) come il sottoscritto, perchè tutti questi discorsi acquisiscano un senso ci deve essere una differenza immediatamente percepibile:

nella prima immagine la resa migliore del mare e del cielo in DX10 è a dir poco palese, nella seconda faccio fatica a notare miglioramenti. :sweat: