News:

8 Luglio 2005: Gamers4um è finalmente un "vero" forum... da parte mia
un caloroso benvenuto a tutti i vecchi e nuovi iscritti!!
Turrican3

Menu principale

Bill Gates to Step Down in 2008 !

Aperto da Sirio, 16 Giugno, 2006, 18:22:23

Discussione precedente - Discussione successiva

Sirio

Da IGN

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/712/712904p1.html

The Microsoft chief will leave multiple roles at the company to focus on charity.
by David Adams
June 15, 2006 - In a surprising late-day announcement, Microsoft chairman Bill Gates said he will transition out of his day-to-day responsibilities for the company to focus on work for the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.

Gates will spend the next two years transferring his roles at Microsoft to others. Microsoft's Chief Technical Officer Ray Ozzie will take over as chief software architect, and Chief Technical Officer Craig Mundie will become chief research and strategy officer. Gates will work closely with both executives during the transition.

"This was a hard decision for me," Gates said. "I'm very lucky to have two passions that I feel are so important and so challenging. As I prepare for this change, I firmly believe the road ahead for Microsoft is as bright as ever."

Gates founded Microsoft 30 years ago with childhood friend Paul Allen. Of course, the company -- and the man -- saw enormous success since. Gates is listed by Forbes as the world's richest man -- his estimated worth is around $50 billion -- though he still intends to give most of his fortune to charity.

The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, a charity Gates began with his wife in 2000, "works to reduce inequities and improve lives around the world" -- including efforts for global health and education.

Non mi pare una cosa buona per questo settore ( VG ) o almeno per i fans della X .

Turrican3

Secondo me cambierà molto poco della Microsoft che conosciamo dato che restano comunque tutti gli uomini di fiducia di Zio Bill. Per dirla tutta non se questo sia un bene o un male, ma è un altro discorso... :look: