News:

8 Luglio 2005: Gamers4um è finalmente un "vero" forum... da parte mia
un caloroso benvenuto a tutti i vecchi e nuovi iscritti!!
Turrican3

Menu principale

[PS3] Dal passato ritorna... il doppio HDMI... :)

Aperto da .:|Physalis|:., 25 Settembre, 2006, 16:41:49

Discussione precedente - Discussione successiva

.:|Physalis|:.

A quanto pare Sony cambia i programmi un giorno si e un giorno si. Fortunatamente questa volta in positivo... :D

LINK

The fine folks over at EvilAvatar and MagicBox are reporting that the low-end PS3 isn't the only PS3 to gain an HDMI port. According to their TGS information, the 60GB version will now have not one, but two HDMI ports. Like me, you maybe asking yourself: "What the hell?" Here's Sony's alleged answer.

"Ken Kutaragi announced that the 20GB version of PlayStation 3 will come with one HDMI port, and the 60GB version will have two HDMI ports for super letterbox display on side-by-side HDTVs."

If this is true and not a translation error of some sort (which is my guess), then the PS3 is really getting into some esoteric territory. First, they're pushing 1080p even though it represents less than 1% of 1% of all TVs (though the market will catch up during the PS3s planned 10 year lifecycle). Now, Sony may be providing an option to drive two HDTVs at the same time.

There's only one way this makes sense to me: multi-player> It would actually be cool to have one PS3 drive a single multi-player game on two separate TVs rather than having to resort to splitscreen on one. This could work in Japan's large arcade market. Before you rush off and buy matching HDTVs, let's see how this one pans out.

Turrican3