[BIZ] Bungie indipendente [UPDATE 3: licenziato in tronco Marty O'Donnell]

Aperto da Frozzo, 2 Ottobre, 2007, 11:38:51

Discussione precedente - Discussione successiva

Ian_solo

Turrican3

Potrebbe anche essere, però secondo me è più probabile che puntino al mercato console.

Blasor

Magari su PC... però anche su Wii sarei curioso di vedere cosa tirerebbero fuori.

Sirio

Bah , meglio cosi' .. l universo Halo aveva gia' da tempo esaurito il mio interesse , vediamo quindi di capire il loro reale potenziale con nuovi progetti e sfide .

Ciao

Turrican3

Qualche fonte riporta addirittura in due i progetti attualmente in lavorazione presso Bungie oltre l'espansione di Halo3 prevista per il prossimo anno. Non saranno (pur riconoscendo che non so quanto sia "grossa" questa software house come personale) troppi, mi chiedo? :look: :mmmm:

Ian_solo

Citazione di: Turrican3 il 20 Ottobre, 2008, 17:01:51
Qualche fonte riporta addirittura in due i progetti attualmente in lavorazione presso Bungie oltre l'espansione di Halo3 prevista per il prossimo anno. Non saranno (pur riconoscendo che non so quanto sia "grossa" questa software house come personale) troppi, mi chiedo? :look: :mmmm:

Bhè Turry, se l'espansione di Halo utilizza lo stessomotore grafico, potrebbero avere al lavoro su quel titolo un gruppo ridotto di persone

Turrican3

Ian_solo

Turrican3

Turrican3

CitazioneIG: I know that you guys are independent and obviously are looking to do other things besides Halo once you're done with Reach. What are the types of genres that you're looking at? Would you be looking at another first person shooter? What is it that interests you and the Bungie team in terms of what you want to pursue?

BJ: You know, it's interesting. It's an exciting time right now at the studio. The bulk of the team is still obviously working really hard to get Reach out the door, but we have had another group of people with Jason Jones at the helm who are working on pre-production and concepts for our next big thing. It's going to be a whole new universe and a whole new experience. I'm not really at liberty to talk about what genre it's going to be in but I would say that the studio has had a lot of success in the first-person genre. We've also made some third-person games that have been successful, the Myth series as an RTS game was successful, so we have a really broad array of interests, even outside of game development. We have a lot going on and I can't say much more than that right now. It's going to be something that our team is really excited about and I think our fans will be equally excited once we pull back the curtain and talk about it.

IG: I don't remember if it was you or a Bungie colleague, but in an interview recently it was mentioned that Bungie would consider PS3 support. Since you're independent you obviously don't have to stick with Microsoft – you can work on PS3, Wii, you can do anything, so of the platforms that are out there, do you have any interest? Are you interested in the Wii in terms of interface and its extremely different user base than the Xbox that you've been targeting with Halo all these years? Are you looking to take a very different direction with what it is you're doing or is it more hardcore still?

BJ: I don't know if I would classify it as a hardcore focus. Definitely, we're not looking to make the next version of Wii Fit. I don't think that fits with our studio's philosophies, but we do want to make games that aren't limited to just a small segment of super-hardcore gamers. Hopefully they have something about them that's appealing and interesting to a wide variety of people: people that love great stories, people that love action/adventure... these are the kind of things that, throughout every Bungie game has been a pillar.

In terms of platform, I know these things are all still pending topics in the studio. It hasn't gotten to the point where we're unable to do great work and we're moving forward. Things are definitely coming together though. We definitely have plans in the works, and I think we're really close to understanding of what is next and who, what, when, where, that's all going to land. But we're not looking at one particular piece of technology right now. All options are open right now, so long as we find the best possible fit for our creative vision and what this project is going to be.

http://www.industrygamers.com/news/interview-bungie-on-halos-evolution-and-going-out-with-a-bang/

In una lunga intervista a IndustryGamers viene ribadita da Bungie la possibilità che, in futuro, possa sviluppare per altre piattaforme. Ma al momento nessuna decisione è ancora stata presa.

Ian_solo

Bhè ora come ora hanno Halo Reach da terminare... Forse alla fine di questo titolo si saprà qualcosa di più "ufficiale" :red:

Turrican3

Citazione di: Ian_solo il 26 Marzo, 2010, 13:17:54Bhè ora come ora hanno Halo Reach da terminare...

Claro. :sisi:

Immagino si parli comunque di (eventuali) progetti a medio/lungo termine.

Turrican3

CitazioneFOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

BUNGIE AND ACTIVISION ANNOUNCE EXCLUSIVE, WORLDWIDE PARTNERSHIP

10-Year Alliance Expands Global Reach for Leading Game Developer Across Multiple Platforms

Kirkland, WA and Santa Monica, CA – April 29, 2010 -- Bungie, the developer of blockbuster game franchises including Halo, Myth and Marathon, and Activision, a wholly owned subsidiary of Activision Blizzard, the #1 online games publisher (Nasdaq: ATVI), announced today that they have entered into an exclusive 10-year partnership to bring Bungie’s next big action game universe to market. Under the terms of the agreement, Activision will have exclusive, worldwide rights to publish and distribute all future Bungie games based on the new intellectual property on multiple platforms and devices. Bungie remains an independent company and will continue to own their intellectual property. Additional terms of the agreement were not disclosed.
[...]

http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=news&cid=25920

Bungie ha siglato con Activision-Blizzard un contratto della durata di 10 anni per la pubblicazione e la distribuzione in esclusiva (su qualunque piattaforma/dispositivo) dei titoli futuri basati sulla loro nuova IP. I termini dell'accordo prevedono che Bungie rimanga proprietaria della suddetta IP sviluppata.

Turrican3

Vista l'importanza strategica dell'accordo segnalo alcune interviste e news reperibili in Rete:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/bungie-explains-activision-deal-interview
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/news-round-up-activision-bungie-deal

C'è una (minima?) possibilità che se ne possa sapere di più sul nuovo progetto di Bungie addirittura già durante l'imminente E3.

Ian_solo

Se però ci pensate bene... Come qualcuno aveva già fatto notare... Bungie ha fatto il botto grazie alla serie Halo che a ben vedere è tutto tranne un "capolavoro assoluto". A momenti penso sia il caso più lampante del detto: "MOLTO FUMO E POCO ARROSTO"...
Activision è già leader con il multiplayer grazie all'IP di call of duty\modern warfare, spero sinceramente per loro che non abbiano buttato nella toilette miliardi di dollari  :ciao: