Microsoft Xbox Series X e Series S - Thread ufficiale

Aperto da Bluforce, 9 Giugno, 2019, 23:28:03

Discussione precedente - Discussione successiva

Bluforce

Bluforce

Turrican3

Strano che ci sia l'uscita ottica, non me l'aspettavo. :hmm:

Certo comunque che con la questione della "Serie X" e compagnia bella torna di attualità l'abbreviazione da usare per i giochi. :| :sweat:

Turrican3

Digital Foundry sul chip che verrà montato su Xbox Series X

In attesa dell'articolo propongo il video.

Giulo75

Io la chiamerei Xbox XXX. Marketing aggressivo.  :D

Turrican3

Citazione di: Giulo75 il  8 Gennaio, 2020, 01:22:41
Io la chiamerei Xbox XXX. Marketing aggressivo.  :D

Non oso pensare chi dovrebbe essere l'uomo (o la donna...) immagine in quel caso. :asd:

Detto questo, devo ancora visionare il filmato ma a giudicare dall'immagine quindi è nuovamente una APU o qualcosa che ci si avvicina tanto, no? :hmm:

Bluforce

Turrican3

Turrican3

Citazione"As our content comes out over the next year, two years, all of our games, sort of like PC, will play up and down that family of devices," Booty explains. "We want to make sure that if someone invests in Xbox between now and [Series X] that they feel that they made a good investment and that we're committed to them with content."

And that means it's also unlikely that there will be much pressure, from Microsoft at least, on third-party publishers to turn out hardware-exclusive titles for the relatively small day-one audience of Xbox Series X owners. In short, Microsoft is rewriting the rules of the console launch.

Of course, the company will still be wanting to show off its new hardware to best effect. "Our approach is to pick one or two IP that we're going to focus on and make sure that they're there at the launch of the console, taking advantage of all the features. And for us that's going to be Halo Infinite, which is a big opportunity.

"It's the first time in over 15 years that we'll have a Halo title launching in sync with a new console. And that team is definitely going to be doing things to take advantage of [Series X]."

[...]

So with fifteen studios all working on their own IPs. That's a lot of content, and all that content, as we're all aware, is there to feed the voracious maw of Xbox Game Pass. We ask Booty about his take on a comment made by Phil Spencer, about how Game Pass was a great place for games with a "a beginning, a middle and an end" as opposed to the shift to service-type titles in recent years. So does Booty feel that there should be more such titles?

"I don't think that there should, it's a little bit like, should there be more sci fi movies, or should there be more spy novels? I don't know. It's based on what people want to watch and want to read. We don't try to be directive on the content, but the great thing about Game Pass is that we don't have to actually worry about that question," he states intriguingly. "That's because Game Pass becomes the service, Game Pass becomes the structure. And now, in our green light and concept review process, I don't need to ask: 'What's your service plan, what's your monetization plan, are you going to offer any DLC later, what is your monetization?' We don't have to ask any of that anymore, the teams can just go design the game that they want. And we can let Game Pass end up being the service.

"So to return to your question, should there be more standalone single player games that take about 20 hours to play? It seems like Outer Worlds is doing pretty good. Maybe there's a lack of those titles right now, and that people like a game that's about 20 hours with a beginning, a middle and an end.

"But I think on a higher level, it's something we don't have to worry about anymore, because whether it is a game like Bleeding Edge, which structurally starts to look more like a free-to-play game, more like a service-based game, that will do fine in Game Pass. And if we end up coming out with another game like Hellblade or Outer Worlds, which is a 12 hour or a 25 hour game that you play and enjoy, and then it kind of has an ending. That's great in Game Pass too. So that's really the power of Game Pass."

https://www.mcvuk.com/we-need-to-deliver-on-the-promises-that-we-make-xbox-game-studios-matt-booty-on-the-future-of-xbox/

Intervista a Matt Booty di Xbox Game Studios.

Parrebbe indicare in maniera abbastanza inequivocabile che i giochi, quantomeno all'inizio, gireranno davvero su tutta la famiglia Xbox.

Occhio però anche alla parte sul Game Pass, che a mio parere la dice lunga su dove andremo a parare tra non moltissimo.

Bluforce

Lui però parla dei "loro" giochi.
Ci sta che un Halo o un nuovo FM possa girare pure su One, però bisogna vedere a quale costo e speriamo che questo non attenui le potenzialità di XSX.

Sul Game Pass MS sta investendo tanto...

Turrican3

Bisogna capire se hanno intenzione di forzare la mano ed obbligare anche gli sviluppatori terzi a fare lo stesso. :look:

Turrican3

Bluforce

Qualcuno (purtroppo non ricordo chi) su Twitter faceva notare che i motori moderni scalano bene verso il basso.
Ha fatto l'esempio di The Witcher 3, gioco "CPU intensive" che è arrivato su Switch.

Turrican3

Stanno girando delle immagini della console, a naso parrebbero vere.

Non so se postarle, si vede il numero di serie. :sweat: :hmm: