News:

8 Luglio 2005: Gamers4um è finalmente un "vero" forum... da parte mia
un caloroso benvenuto a tutti i vecchi e nuovi iscritti!!
Turrican3

Menu principale

8bit Killer (Indie Game) 2008

Aperto da SilentBobZ, 1 Marzo, 2013, 18:30:14

Discussione precedente - Discussione successiva

SilentBobZ

8bit killer

8bit killer is an action first person shooter styled to resemble a NES game in look and feel

AD 2488. A long war has put human race on the edge of self-extinction. Four years ago, a space creature known as Master Brain arrived with the promise of a new dawn. Now, a huge army launched an attack to the few cities that are still on, following the plan of the creature. A small group of soldiers have formed an alliance to defend those cities and kill the master brain. This games tells the story of their final mission.

32x32 pixel textures, 64 color nes palette and 1bit sounds make this game look like an early 90s game. The soundtrack has been created by the genius RushJet1. The story, characters and scenes are inspired by films like Mad Max or 2013: Rescue in LA and by games like Contra, Megaman, Bionic Commando, Metroid, Catacomb 3D or the sequel Wolfenstein 3D, and many others...

I started this as an experiment, and it was fun, so I put a war tale, some pixel art and a lot of classics in the mixer to see what came out. You can see the result for yourself :-)

A game by: Locomalito
Music: RushJet1
Cover art: Marek Barej

Genre: FPS
Published: 02/04/2008
Dev time: 8 months
Platform: Windows
Language: English

Features

Look and feel of a NES run'n'gun game
Hidden objects and weapons
5 missions with 8 levels and 5 boss fights
60 minutes of gameplay
No savepoints  :hihi:

Non picchiatemi  :'( ma a me piace

Come non potersi commuovere dopo queste parole dell'ideatore :

Hi There !!

I'm Locomalito, a free indie game developer with a bedroom for headquarters and a pixel skull for flag

I make traditional games with the stuff I like just for fun, without further pretensions. I create new games with old school values, simple controls and direct gameplay, all of them cooked over a low flame in my spare time, planning before I fall sleep, sketching in a notebook, and so on...

My games are freeware for personal convictions, because I believe in videogame tradition outside market boundaries, in a legitimate culture where fun and challenge are its founding pillars.

http://www.locomalito.com/juegos/8bit_killer.zip

Blasor

SilentBobZ

Posso sempre confidare nel ringraziamento, fosse solo per pietà, del caro Blasor   ::)

Ian_solo

Grande Bob per le chicche che condividi quotidianamente con noi  :bowdown:
Per fortuna ci sono ancora appassionati\programmatori che creano giochi per puro divertimento e per far divertire gli altri.
Qui non ci sono la grafica di Crysis 3, il marketing di Microsoft e i sensori di movimento della Nintendo; qui c'è solo DIVERTIMENTO!  :bowdown: