News:

in collaborazione con:

Menu principale

They Came from Verminest (Indie Game)

Aperto da SilentBobZ, 3 Marzo, 2013, 08:21:23

Discussione precedente - Discussione successiva

SilentBobZ

50's Sci-Fi and Arcade gameplay now together in 3D!

A ferocious insect army from planet Verminest is spreading through the space. Defend your planet and fight back them until you finally reach the nest of Queen Verminia.

They came from Verminest is 100% oldschool, based in early arcades like Galaga or Centipede, but also in Sci-Fi movies from the 50's like Them!, The Deadly Mantis, Black Scorpion, Tarantula or my favourite: Godzilla!

Crazy maneuvers are rewarded: kill enemies in a short-range to get medals, kill leaders to scare enemies an get more medals. You'll get a bonus every 10 medals! Clever gameplay, grayscale color palette, FM music fanfares and sound effects will take you back to the never-existent Arcade era of the 50's, where fun was the only thing!

Verminest'83

I did another version of the game using a color palette taken out from arcade limitations of early 80s. I like how those bright colors works in simple games, making them as visually attractive as a gambling machines. This version has some less background details to imitate those early games, but the gameplay is still the same and the changes not affects the scoring system.

I've always wanted to make a Galaga like game (even if it's unmatched!). In October 2011 I played again the original Galaga cab game and decided to go for it, adding some ideas I had in mind... this is the result of it :-)

Features

Traditional Arcade look and feel
3 video modes: Old film and Anaglyph for 3D glasses
Variety of situations in 5 tropical planets
A solid scoring mechanism, perfect for competitions
FM sound and music, and grayscale graphics

Il gioco totalmente free è scaricabile tramite questo link http://www.locomalito.com/juegos/Verminest.zip Questo è il manuale http://www.locomalito.com/images/covers/Verminest_users_manual.pdf

La sensazione giocandoci è quella di vedere ricreato un cabinato dei tempi arcani, come vedere un film di Ed Wood.
Non lasciatevi ingannare però , non è un B-Game , ha un fascino tutto suo ed una giocabilità eccelsa (Si comanda benissimo la Navicella come in Xevious).
La navicella si sposta a dx e a sx ma anche, limitatamente, in alto.

Ian_solo

Solo a vedere il trailer video stavo quasi piangendo... ricorda troppo le produzioni cinematografiche degli anni 60-70  :doubt2:
Bob non so come vai a pescare certi titoli, ma sicuramente hai un "fiuto" particolare per questi piccoli capolavori  :gogogo:

Turrican3

SilentBobZ

Si in effetti sono un fan locomalito  :'(

Ma quello che dice Ian_solo è vero , oltre che fiuto , sono i giochi che vengono a me , faccio le ricerche su google come se fossi posseduto dallo spirito della gioconda che compariva in un vecchio cabinato dei miei tempi.
Se solo ricordassi come si chiamava  :mmmm: