News:

8 Luglio 2005: Gamers4um è finalmente un "vero" forum... da parte mia
un caloroso benvenuto a tutti i vecchi e nuovi iscritti!!
Turrican3

Menu principale

[PS3] RSX Completato EDIT corretti i link

Aperto da Reiz, 17 Febbraio, 2006, 09:14:36

Discussione precedente - Discussione successiva

Reiz

Highlights from the conference call:

- RSX design finished
- RSX production silicon ready to ship
- Waiting on Sony for delivery dates
- Has $1B in cash and is looking to acquire other companies

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/aei/2006/02/a_clue_from_nvi.html

A Clue From Nvidia On PlayStation 3 Schedule

Dean Takahashi, 06:28 PM in Dean Takahashi, Gaming

Graphics chip maker Nvidia reported today that it doesn't anticipate any royalties from Sony during the current fiscal quarter which closes at the end of April. In a conference call, Chief Financial Officer Marv Burkett made the statement. Jen-Hsun Huang, CEO, said that he couldn't talk about the schedule for the PlayStation 3. He said that Nvidia's RSX graphics chip for the PS 3 is done and the company has production silicon for it.

However, since Nvidia won't be collecting royalties on the chip this quarter, that suggests that Sony isn't going to be producing machines during the months that close at the end of April, 2006. That suggests that Sony won't be shipping the PS 3 anytime soon, despite its comment last May that it would ship in the spring of 2006.

Nvidia got license and engineering revenue from Sony amounting to $20 million in its previous quarter that ended Jan. 29. Publications such as Next Generation Biz have said that the launch of the PS 3 won't happen until the fall. Burkett said that Nvidia got follow-on engineering contracts from Sony and so that it continued to spend money on engineering development for Sony.

Nvidia had a strong quarter with net income doubling to $98 million and sales growing 12 percent to $633.6 million compared to a year ago. Huang predicted that the graphics business will do well this year from the adoption of high-definition TV/computing as well as the launch of the Windows Vista operating system. Regarding a new PC graphics chip, Huang said, "I don't have anything to announce today. The buzz around the industry is we have something to announce soon."

Audio della conferenza Nvidia

:dentone: