Xbox One X e PS4 Pro, discutiamo delle next-gen mid-gen

Aperto da Bluforce, 10 Giugno, 2016, 14:15:38

Discussione precedente - Discussione successiva

Bluforce

Speriamo che nel prossimo futuro entrambe le tecnologie possano diventare più economiche.
Quella Nvidia in particolare è monetariamente inarrivabile...

Mystic

Turrican3

@Blu

Io non l'ho mai visto in azione quindi​ non so neppure "che effetto faccia", diciamo così.

Però mi domando se non sarebbe preferibile che gli sviluppatori tutti riuscissero a rendere più stabili le prestazioni dei loro motori anziché metterci una pezza con tecnologie quali appunto Gsync e compagnia bella.

Joe

Sensei

ma alla Microsoft dopo aver visto i strabilianti numeri di PS4pernacchia non farebbero meglio a ripensarci?...cioé a me sta console sembra una macchina che ha poco da dire al mercato dal pdv tecnologico...o poi se fanno uscire bei giochi ben venga 

Bluforce

Xbox sin dalla sua nascita ha impostato tutto sulla potenza. XBO è una anomalia in tal senso.
Cercano di ripigliare quell'utenza.

Turrican3

Fino a un certo punto "anomalia" comunque eh, secondo me... voglio dire, XB1 rimane pur sempre una macchina della stessa classe di PS4, non hanno mica tirato fuori un Wii.

Turrican3

CitazioneAnd then on Scorpio, the decision was, okay do we ship a higher-powered console?

We saw 4K TVs coming, and we made a prediction that 4K TVs were going to be a thing during this generation. As opposed to when you think about original Xbox to 360, the SD to HD transition for TVs kinda happened basically as the generation happened. So it was nice because we could just kind of ride that and say okay, 360 is an HD console. OG Xbox is an SD console. Even though there were actually some progressive mode games on the original Xbox. Still, we could use that as a kind of clean cut.

But we thought 4K TVs would get to scale in the middle of this generation. So we designed a console for 2016, and a console for 2017. We were kind of working on both plans simultaneously. And at some point, we got to -- let's just call it greenlight. For what we would do in 2016, and we sat around a table not too dissimlar from this and said, I think we need to do more than what the silicon is that's available in 2016 at a price point that a console customer would want to pay. So that's when we stopped that effort.

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/295830/QA_With_Scorpio_rising_Phil_Spencer_looks_to_the_future_of_Xbox.php

Molto interessante, MS era al lavoro pressochè simultaneamente su due progetti paralleli, uno che prevedeva il lancio nel 2016 e l'altro nel 2017. Alla fine quindi ha prevalso quest'ultimo progetto ed il primo è stato cancellato.

Bluforce

E certo, alla console del 2016 c'ha pensato Sony :P

Povera PS4 Pro de-potenziata :tsk:

Turrican3

Sarebbe molto molto molto interessante sapere cosa aveva in mente Spencer con quel "price point that a console customer would want to pay".

Ma vabbè, un paio di mesi di pazienza e lo scopriremo 399€/$.

Reiz

Bluforce

Dipende da quanto Spencer vuole spennare i cosiddetti "hardcore" pronti a tutto per un pixel in più.

Turrican3

CitazioneWe’ve created the most powerful console with you in mind. We’ve created the most powerful development platform with our industry’s creators in mind. And, we’re unifying players across PC and console with Xbox Live, the fastest, most reliable multiplayer network and Beam, the next generation streaming service. Ultimately, we know you care most about great games, whether they be exclusive, multiplatform, independent or AAA. We are proud of the diverse lineup of games coming this year that will only be playable on Xbox One and will play better on Project Scorpio. We designed Project Scorpio to be the best console to play the blockbuster multiplatform games from our publishing partners, made it easy for recently released titles to upgrade to true 4K and for beloved, backward compatible titles to play better than ever before.

I’m proud of the progress made with Project Scorpio and what it will mean for the creators who fuel the passion of gamers around the world. On behalf of everyone at Team Xbox, thank you for your continued passion and support. We’re excited to unveil Project Scorpio and the amazing game experiences it powers at E3 this June.

https://news.xbox.com/2017/04/13/project-scorpio-most-powerful-place-to-create-and-play/

Project Scorpio verrà presentato ufficialmente all'E3 a giugno.

Reiz

Quindi,correggetemi se sbaglio,Project Scorpio non è il futuro ma una "PS4 Pro" 1e1/2 ?