Youtube e la rimozione del contatore (pubblico) dei voti negativi

Aperto da Turrican3, 18 Novembre, 2021, 13:49:37

Discussione precedente - Discussione successiva

Turrican3

CitazioneWatching Matt Koval's announcement about the removal of dislikes, I thought something was off.
The spoken words did not match the eyes. The video reminded me of an interview Admiral Jeremiah Denton gave in 1966. I have never seen a less enthusiastic, more reluctant announcement of something that is supposed to be great.

Calling the removal of dislikes a good thing for creators cannot be done without conflict by someone holding the title of "YouTube's Creator Liaison". We know this because there exists not a single YouTube Creator who thinks removing dislikes is a good idea -- for YouTube or for Creators.

Why would YouTube make this universally disliked change? There is a reason, but it's not a good one, and not one that will be publicly disclosed. Instead, there will be references to various studies. Studies that apparently contradict the common sense of every YouTuber.

The ability to easily and quickly identify bad content is an essential feature of a user-generated content platform. Why? Because not all user-generated content is good. It can't be. In fact, most of it is not good. And that's OK. The idea was never that all content is good. The idea WAS, however, that among the flood of content, there are great creations waiting to be exposed. And for that to happen, the stuff that's not great has to fall by the side as quickly as possible.

The process works, and there's a name for it: the wisdom of the crowds. The process breaks when the platform interferes with it. Then, the platform invariably declines. Does YouTube want to become a place where everything is mediocre? Because nothing can be great if nothing is bad.

In business, there's only one thing more important than "Make it better". And that's "Don't fuck it up".

https://twitter.com/slashdot/status/1461112262609956871

Blocco nascosto
[close]
(metto in blocco nascosto perchè non è importante il video, bensì il commento del cofondatore di Youtube, sopra riportato per intero.

L'avevo accennato qualche giorno fa ma per la cronica mancanza di tempo non avevo potuto approfondire, questo commento capita a fagiuolo e mi sembra colga alla perfezione l'essenza del problema (grassetto, ma non solo).

La mia impressione è che ormai siamo in mano ad aziende che giocoforza non hanno alcun interesse a promuovere la qualità dei contenuti. Oserei obiettare che la Google di oggi (ma va bene anche Meta/Facebook...) è un quasi monopolista molto, molto peggiore di ciò che fu Microsoft fino ad una 20ina di anni fa o giù di lì.

Che ne pensate di questa iniziativa? :hmm:

Bluforce

Per me è sbagliato togliere il "non mi piace".
E' vero che parte dell'utenza lo usa a sproposito, come se mettere un dislike ti illuminasse l'esistenza, ma la soluzione non è la rimozione.

Joe

Per me è sbagliato. Cos'è, un'azione buonista? Non ha senso.

Spolliciare è semplicissimo e spesso viene fatto a sproposito, ma o li tieni entrambi o li togli entrambi.

Io francamente disabiliterei i commenti.  :bua: